Advantix for the treatment and prevention of fleas, ticks, sand flies and mosquitoes in dogs.
- Advantix will kill fleas within a day and prevents flea infestation for 4 weeks
- Advantix kills ticks and has a repellent effect against ticks for 3 to 4 weeks (depending on the species of tick)
- One treatment provides repellent activity against sand flies for 2 to 3 weeks (depending on the species of sand fly)
- Helps combat mosquitoes for 2 to 4 weeks (depending on the species of mosquito) and stable flies for 4 weeks
- Can be used to treat flea allergy dermatitis.
- Drops applied to the neck (spot-on) in 1 or multiple spots depending on the size of the dog.
How Advantix works on ticks:
Once Advantix has been applied, it quickly spreads to the complete surface area of your dog’s hair and skin.
Ticks are repelled as soon as they come into contact with an Advantix-treated dog: Advantix does this by hyper-exciting the fine nerve endings of their feet (the so-called ‘hot foot effect’) so they leave your dog before they have a chance to bite and attach. However, this short contact is enough to subsequently kill them.
If parasites do not bite or attach, they cannot transmit the diseases they may carry.
How to use:
For dogs up to 10 kg body weight: administer the entire contents of the pipette between the hair on the shoulder blades.
For dogs over 10 kg body weight: administer the entire contents of the pipette between the hair on four sites on the back from shoulder to tail base.
Dubaipetfood recommends you separate dogs and cats for the first 8-12 hours after treating the dog, to protect the cats from coming into contact with Advantix.
Why should you protect your dog from mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes are small, blood-feeding insects, which are a nuisance for most mammals, including dogs. They are distributed widely across the world.
Mosquito bites are itchy and irritating, causing discomfort for your dog. In addition, mosquitoes are also capable of transmitting pathogens that can cause diseases such as heart worm, which can be dangerous for your dog.
Advantix® is proven to stop mosquitoes from biting for up to 4 weeks, reducing the risk of transmission of these dangerous diseases to your dog.
Why protect your dog from sand flies?
Sand flies are tiny biting flies that are widely spread in sandy areas in warm, temperate, subtropical and tropical climates.
Only the female sand fly bites and sucks blood in order to develop her eggs. Sand flies can carry leishmania, which is a severe – even lethal – disease that can be transmitted to your dog.
Advantix is proven to stop sand flies from biting your dog for up to 3 weeks, which reduces the risk of these diseases being transmitted from infected flies.