Want to join our team?
At The Pet Shop, we are passionate about what we do, and recognize that our Human Capital is our strongest asset. Our continued success in creating unbeatable value depends on having loyal, passionate, and hardworking people on our team.
Drop-in your updated CV to email@example.com to explain why you'd be a valuable member of our team. We'll get back to you in no time if you are the right addition we are looking for.
Currently we have following positions available:
Purchase Manager (Apply here)
Retail Sales/Store Manager (Apply here)
Reporting to the Head of Operations
Minimum skills required:
- Work experience/Knowledge of MSD Navision is an advantage OR professional knowledge of a similar program.
- Online stock status (ERP/Website) accuracy to be maintained and implemented by working close with Warehouse Manager.
- Purchase function to be automated; Purchase forecast/prediction techniques to be developed.
- Strong background in developing and implementing Operating procedures of Purchase division.
- Proven knowledge of ordering from international suppliers.
- Strategic planning to maintain stock levels and avoid expired items.
- Knowledge of import procedures for international deliveries and product registrations with government agencies.
- Strong proven track record leadership skills to enable Purchase staff to be efficiently managed/guided.
- Staff development plans to be implemented based on skills and role.
- Staff task report to be implemented and verified periodically to evaluate performance and plan department development methods.
- Proven track record of problem solving skills.
Ensure the Staff reporting to you holding the below responsibilities are at or exceeds the standard performance scale:
- Serve as the channel of communication from the company to supplier and vice-versa.
- Liaison with approved suppliers in the most efficient way to check product specification, stock availability, delivery time etc.
- Processing of Purchase orders to approved suppliers and co-ordinate with Accounts department for the processing of invoices and administer all vendor performance.
- Stock status to be regularly assessed and an optimum level of stock to be maintained.
- Ensure that the products are purchased at the required quantity and quality, at the correct time, ensuring the cost benefit to the company.
- Assist new product upload into the company online store.
- Provide administrative support to the Purchase department and generally at work place.
- Keep record of Supplier contacts, details, catalogue and documents in both hard and soft copies and filing.
- Responsible for maintaining necessary data related to Purchase in both soft and hard copies.
- Oversee and undertake any other duties as necessary within in the Purchase Department.
- All other duties as required by the Management.
Minimum skills required:
- Running a store which has exceptional standards and being responsible for achieving and exceeding KPIs, focussing on high margin lines and hitting the sales target.
- Excellent communication and man-managing skills to inspire and engage a team of minimum 7 staff.
- Proven track record with minimum 2 years Management experience in retail industry.
- Passion to advance professionally in retail and pet industry and business oriented.
- Build monthly staff schedules to ensure all functions in the shop is covered.
- Leading from the front with a hands-on approach to inspire the team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and shop.
- Manage shop floor team to ensure that the store delivers an exceptional standard of customer service, through the vast amount of pet knowledge and expertise that you and the team can offer.
- Responsible for motivating, training and developing the team.
- Working on staff performance issues in co-ordination with the HR Department.
- Ensuring effective communication to the team, providing them with daily team updates and informing them of any company, operational and product changes.
- Taking responsibility for absolutely everything in your store, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards by working close with related departments.
- Manage stock in the store which includes merchandise display, pricing, stock rotation. Flagging short expiry items.
- Work experience in Pet industry is an added advantage.